Finding Aid for the Atheneum Study Club Records, 1967-2013 (#2013-0013)
The Atheneum Study Club was a literary and music club founded in Pasadena, Texas, on January 17, 1946. The founding members were president Mrs. Donald Miller; vice president Mrs. Frank J. Hinkley; secretary Mrs. C.F. Jaggers; treasurer Mrs. G.A. Hunt; historian Mrs. W.H. Sparks; press chairman Mrs. Ralph Hall; and parliamentarian Mrs. J.H. Swan. The founding members chose the marigold to serve as the club flower, and white and gold to be the club colors. “Good books are the best of friends” was chosen as the club motto.” Annual dues of one dollar were established, and a limit of 20 people for the club membership was set at the club’s founding. The collection contains program information, minutes, reports, correspondence, yearbooks, scrapbooks, and other materials documenting the activities and history of the Atheneum Study Club from the late 1960s through 2013.